Called to serve in the Arizona, Tempe Mission
August 2009 through August 2011

Mission Home Address
Arizona Tempe Mission
1871 E. Del Rio Dr.
Tempe, AZ 85282-2822


Current Address:
P.O. box 1115
Show Low, AZ 85901

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Transfer to Show Low, AZ


The beautiful Ponderosa pine forest that is now all burnt from the fire that was the second largest in Arizona history. It started on May 30th, the day before I was transferred to Show Low, AZ, which is about 50 miles west of Springerville/Eagar.

The next week the other set of Elders were evacuated and joined with us because of the heavy smoke and fire danger heading towards Eager and Springerville. Thankfully the fire barriers that they set up worked so it didn't destroy the towns.

Cheyene was baptized on Saturday June 11th.

We are keeping busy with lots of missionary work going on in Show Low.



Good News!!! I will get to go back to Springerville for Paul and Sandy's baptism on July 12th. And Kendrick, a 17 year old boy also from Springerville, now has permission from his mother to be baptized on July 2nd so I can be there! He was the first person I taught when I was transferred to Springerville.

What a privilege to be close enough to get to go back for both of them!

Can't believe my mission is about to come to an end as I leave to come home on July 20th.

No comments:

Post a Comment